View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 09:12 AM   #2108
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
As far as I'm aware, pretty much all, or at least a majority, of books in certain Indian languages are KFX-only. I'm not sure if KFX has better support for the languages (though your book seems to be English) or if there's some weird rights stuff going on there.
It is a bit of both. Indian language books are only available in KFX as only that format supports features needed for those such as specific fonts.

In addition some publishers of English language books published in India have a deal with Amazon that their books are only made available in KFX format with strong DRM. It has been that way for awhile. I don’t know if that is a trial planned for expansion worldwide or if the Indian market is felt to be especially subject to piracy.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote