View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 03:21 PM   #73
beyonik
beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'beyonik knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyonik View Post
Can confirm this does not work in its current state on PW3 5.15.1.1.

I've built a modified payload that replaces the squashfs archive that contains the keys with a pre-modified one, and then re-constructed the jailbreak hotfix and KUAL hotfix with KindleTool to raise the OTA boundary.

Doing these things seems to have worked fine as I am now running KUAL on a previously stock 5.15.1.1 PW3, in theory this should work for the models that the PW3 jailbreak hotfix also supports.

I hope me attaching these modified binaries isn't going to be an issue, to use the modified popcorn payload just replace the uImage with the one attached, and then after reboot copy the hotfix, use UYK to install it, and then install KUAL as usual substituting the normal hotfix with the one attached.

I of course can not guarantee that this will work for you and that it won't damage your device, it is destructively replacing the uks.sqsh image and if something goes wrong it might turn into a bigger issue, but as long as you get past that point the rest should work as usual.
Repackaged jailbreak hotfix & KUAL hotfix to support all originally supported devices (previously only supported PW3 / WiFi (which this was tested on); KUAL package now "supports" more devices but you should only install it on the devices supported by the original hotfix).

Feel obligated to add that this is technically not a supported configuration, these packages haven't officially been updated for 5.15.1.1 but they do seem to work for the time being, practice caution when using these.
Attached Files
File Type: bin update_kual_hotfix.bin (51.5 KB, 270 views)
File Type: bin update_jb_hotfix.bin (149.9 KB, 271 views)
beyonik is offline   Reply With Quote