View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #2
lrpirlet
Connoisseur
lrpirlet began at the beginning.

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
Device: PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
TEST version and old versions

A new version under test, that should work with the changes on Babelio.com.

Babelio_db 087 monitors the returned information from Babelio.com.

Added a kind of "protection" against bad results from babelio.com...

If Babelio.com returns a "title-author" different from the "requested title-author", the search will be abandoned...
If you download a single piece of metadata, you will not get ANY suggestions.
In the case of a massive upload of metadata, this selection will be labelled as having failed...

Wait a while and then try again. Babelio.com will probably give you a correct answer if it has forgotten you.

If Babelio.com returns another book after the search, an exception will be thrown and the plugin will NOT access Babelio.com for 23 hours... Hopefully this will make Babelio.com forget about you.

Of course, it's possible to get around the limits, but I've decided that users of my plugin are smart enough to respect babelio.com and continue to receive information.

En français :
Spoiler:

Ajout d'une sorte de "protection" contre les mauvais résultats de babelio.com...

Si Babelio.com renvoie un "titre-auteur" différent du "titre-auteur demandé", la recherche sera abandonnée...
En cas de téléchargement d'une seule métadonnée, vous n'obtiendrez AUCUNE proposition.
Dans le cas d'un téléchargement massif de métadonnées. cette sélection sera étiquetée comme ayant échoué...

Attendez un peu puis réessayez. Babelio.com vous donnera probablement une réponse correcte s'il vous a oublié.

Si Babelio.com renvoie un autre livre après la recherche, une exception sera levée et le plugin n'accèdera PAS à Babelio.com pendant 23 heures... Espérons que cela permettra à Babelio.com de vous oublier.

Bien sûr, il est possible de contourner les limites, mais j'ai décidé que les utilisateurs de mon plugin sont suffisamment intelligents pour respecter babelio.com et continuer à recevoir l'information.

Please do test this version and report any problem with detailed information... I have no intend to exacerbate Babelio.com (anymore)

Will hold previous versions and, if any new version under test, if/when I have time to produce a new one.

Initial version is Babelio_db 050.zip

Babelio_db 051.zip corrects version 050, there is no reason to use version 050

Babelio_db 060 introduce a new series detection algorithm (no more missing series because title does not contains series). Notes that title may change from version 050 or 051 to better reflect what babelio propose.
It also has a much better rate_limit to avoid being banned.

Babelio_db 061 corrects a problem when the URL contains a '-' character within the <title> <title\>...
"Hercule Poirot - Nouvelle" and "Hercule Poirot - Roman" would both end up as "Hercule Poirot" leading to show two different series under the same series name...

Babelio_db 070 is able, provided you enable it, to add a new title "Popularité". In that section, you'll find the number of quotations and the mean of those quotations, with 2 decimals... Hope you enjoy it.

Babelio_db 082 corrects a bug when the html tagging is not optimal on Babelio.com... Solution is to append the extract to an empty html ... BeautifulSoup then corrects the issue.

Babelio_db 083 corrects a bad condition check that prevented optimization when babelio_id was present. A été détecté quand babelio_id était valide et le titre était "None" ou "Inconnu(e)".

Babelio_db 084 takes into account the fact that the search engine of Babelio.com now works with a POST command instead of GET command.

Babelio_db 085 allows one to reduce the number of tags you want (remember to delete all tags before trying to load less tags), by selection of the tag and the importance of a given tag function of the book.

Babelio_db 086 if it finds an exact match between both the title found (stripped of the series part) and an author compared to the requested title and author, will only fetch the data of that "perfect match"

Version up to 083 included are deleted as search was changed...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Babelio_db 084.zip (251.9 KB, 468 views)
File Type: zip Babelio_db 085.zip (450.1 KB, 486 views)
File Type: zip Babelio_db 086.zip (451.5 KB, 165 views)
File Type: zip Babelio_db 087.zip (456.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by lrpirlet; 03-10-2024 at 04:33 PM. Reason: version 0.8.4
lrpirlet is offline   Reply With Quote