View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 12:05 PM   #10
Enthusiast
01100001 began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Apple iPad
Should've explained with an example in first place. My fault; I didn't see it as necessary.

How tags look by default in the details pane/sidebar:

Spoiler:

They are in blue, and they are essentially (internal) links, right? And what do they link to? When you click on each tag, Calibre filters/searches the books list to show books assigned to that particular tag.

The older code you provided:

Code:
program:
  j = '';
  for i in $tags:
    j = j & '<li>' & i & '</li>'
  rof;
  '<ul>' & j & '</ul>'
What it does is this:

Spoiler:

So where are the links for each term in our custom column/field as shown in the default tags field for each tag? I want that function.

So that it looks like this:

Spoiler:

And when clicked, the links should function like the default tags do when they are clicked on.

Hope I am clear this time. In case I am not, please don't hesitate to ask for any missing specifics.

Again, thank you for taking the time!

EDIT: To answer your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
How does this improve upon what is already in book details, where you already see links for anything that supports them?
This isn't about tags. It's just an example. I'll be using this for a tags-like custom column called Filenames. Since I want it to behave like tags (for my specific usecase), let's just assume we are dealing with tags.

Now, the way tags are displayed by default isn't appealing to me. I want the terms displayed as a list so they are easier to parse at a glance. (In my specific case, filenames are long, and multiple filenames would be easier to parse if they were shown as a list.)

And why tags-like column and not something else? Because I want the links-like terms that tags have. Just right-click and you can quickly copy the link text (in my case filename). For normal text, I'd have to manually select the text, make sure no line breaks/endings are selections and then copy the text.

Just trying to optimize things for my workflow here.

Last edited by 01100001; 09-15-2022 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Placed images in spoilers
01100001 is offline   Reply With Quote