View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 10:28 PM   #853
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I've had a re-think. What you asked for would normally require 3 patches, each patch having settings for all the Kobo models. Instead I've combined all 3 patches into a single one, but only targeted at a single Kobo model group. The beta patch in the spoiler below should work for all Storm devices, i.e. LibraH2O/Libra2.

Have a look at the patch code to see if the included help notes are clear enough to be usable.
All 5 Replace: lines can be customised as required. If that's too complicated simply enabling the patch will look like the 2nd image in the 2 screenshots (default vs. patched) attached below.

If the patch is considered both useable and useful on a Libra, I can look at creating similar patches for the other Kobo model groups. Feedback welcome.

Place the patch code in nickel.yaml (or wherever you keep all your other custom nickel patches).

Spoiler:
Code:
beta Increase width available for book Title in Booklists - Libra only:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Booklist layout tweaks
  - Description: |
        Storm devices only (LibraH2O/Libra2)
        Increase width available for book Title in GUI Booklists.
          - Part 1:     Reduce font-size of book Title
          - Part 2a/2b: Reduce font-size of book (time remaining, filetype, filesize etc.)
          - Part 3a/3b: Reduce large left/right margins in Booklists
        N.B. Not suitable for users of Chinese-HK locale

# Part 1: Reduce font-size of book Title
  - FindZlib: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"]," # default.qss (HeaderSmallElidedLabel)
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # Reduce Title font-size from 42px (default)
        # add Libra code by commandeering some code used only by ChineseHK locale users
        - Find:    "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\nHeaderSmallItalicLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n  qproperty-forceLeading: 5;\n}"
          Replace: "HeaderSmallElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {font-size:35px;}"

# Part 2: Reduce font-size of book (time remaining, filetype, filesize etc.)
  - FindZlib: "MetaDataAdjustingLabel[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size:" # default.qss (MetaDataElidedLabel, MetaDataLabel, MetaDataAdjustingLabel)
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # 2a: Reduce font-size of all 3 (MetaDataElidedLabel, MetaDataLabel, MetaDataAdjustingLabel)
        # Booklists (time remaining, filetype, filesize) use MetadataLabel
        # Reduce font-size from 29px (default)
        - Find:    "MetaDataAdjustingLabel[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
          Replace: "MetaDataAdjustingLabel[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size:23px;\n}"

# 2b: Restore default font-size for book Series (MetaDataElidedLabel)
        # add Libra code by commandeering some code used only by ChineseHK locale users
        - Find:    "MetaDataElidedLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\nMetaDataLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\nMetaDataAdjustingLabel[localeName=\"zh-HK\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n  text-transform: none;\n}"
          Replace: "MetaDataElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {font-size:29px;}"

# Part 3: Reduce large left/right margins in Booklists
  - FindZlib: "ScrollableContentWidgetBase[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  qproperty-leftMargin:" # default.qss (ScrollableContentWidgetBase)
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # 3a: Reduce left margin gap between edge of screen and bookcover thumbnails
        # L-margin reduction approx. 6mm -> 2mm
        - Find:    "ScrollableContentWidgetBase[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  qproperty-leftMargin: 67;\n}"
          Replace: "ScrollableContentWidgetBase[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  qproperty-leftMargin:23;\n}"

# 3b: Reduce right margin gap between edge of screen and book metadata when no vertical scrollbar present
        #     i.e. when Booklist page contains <=5 Book/Series titles or <=10 Author/Collection titles
        # R-margin reduction approx. 6mm -> 2mm
        - Find:    "ScrollableContentWidgetBase[noScrollBar=true][qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  qproperty-rightMargin: 67;\n}"
          Replace: "ScrollableContentWidgetBase[noScrollBar=true][qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  qproperty-rightMargin:23;\n}"

ETA: This beta patch is not suitable for kobopatchers who have set their Kobo locale to Chinese-HK. The space occupied by some of the Chinese-specific code was commandeered to simplify this patch for other users.

I added this to my list of patches that I use. great patch, IMO. I am using Libra 2
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote