View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 12:11 PM   #74
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Seems you actually have the Times New Roman font file on your system. Did you install one of the AUR ttf-ms-fonts packages at some point? If so, the ttf-ms-fonts package is notorious for being incomplete and for missing modern hinting info.
Yes, I have installed one of the AUR ttf-ms-fonts packages.

Quote:
I'm still not certain how you've determined Bibi is using Times New Roman, though. Is that being forced in the EPUB itself somehow?
In the .css stylesheet, in the body selector, I wrote:

Code:
  font-family: "Times New Roman", serif;
If you change the style, for example to:

Code:
  font-family: serif;
then Bibi Reader won't use "Times New Roman" as font for the epub. To watch if the font is the cause of my issue, I changed the style, so Bibi can use the default system font for serif. But without luck the blank page is still there:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BibiReader.png
Views:	524
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	194069 Click image for larger version

Name:	BibiReader (end of chapter 1).png
Views:	501
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	194070 Click image for larger version

Name:	BibiReader (blank page at the end of chapter).png
Views:	504
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	194071

As you can see, Bibi is not using Times New Roman but the blank page is there. And I'm using the same configuration for Bibi in Windows and Linux (in fact, I copied and pasted the Windows BibiReader folder in /home/ruben/.local/share/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/). Can be something in the Sigil configuration?
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote