View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 03:52 PM   #50
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKilo View Post
How can you have the CV window in focus when you are typing in the Find & Replace window????????
After typing what you want in the find field, instead of clicking enter or hitting the Find button click in the main CodeView window once, then hit Find. When you do that the focus band around the Find field will go away. The damn FR find field is stealing focus with the exact same code that before never did that. I am guess it is just the order that events are being processed that changed. And the current code in Search all the way back to Sigil 1.0 makes no sense here at all. It must have been an early bug that someone worked around.

All of that said, I agree this is very bad idea to let F&R Find field to be grabbing focus at all. Given you can click in it to give it focus at any time.

So I have again changed search focus code to try to prevent this and to forcibly give focus back to the MainWindow and remove it from the F&R Find field since you are obviously finished with the Find field (for the time being anyway) once you hit "enter" or Find.

So I will be posting another test build for you to try here when it completes it CI builds in hopefully the next half hour or so.

Please give that a try and let me know if that helps. It seems to bring things back to the old behaviour during my testing but everybody uses Search & Replace in their own way so testing it exhaustingly is next to impossible.

Once we get a stable Sigil-1.9.2 out there I will not be touching F&R again for a long long time. It is so finicky.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-07-2022 at 04:11 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote