View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 08:17 AM   #60
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I do OverDrive from three library systems. I leave WiFi off on all my readers, sync books, technical references and notes over USB. My biggest OverDrive-specific complaint is that their Windows ADE sucks and has never been fixed. To get activation.xml to update on an ereader often requires copying over another book.

I could also use Hoopla, never tried it, I don't know how it works.

My biggest overall complaint is the lack of metadata. Only one of my OverDrive sources actually has page count. Ok, I know this is digital and page count is approximate, but I sometimes borrow a book for seven days and discover that it's 1000 pages long! (I try to use the shortest borrowing time to keep the books in circulation.) OverDrive and even Gutenberg only show some pointless dates like eBook release date. It's impossible to search for book originally published in 1950-1980. Moreover, I find the selection is skewed towards recent books and classic (public domain) literature with a big chunk of the 20th century missing.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote