View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 02:41 AM   #29865
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 5 star review of The Chewing Gum Rescue And Other Stories, by Margaret Mahy:-

Spoiler:
I don't think I'll read a better book for the rest of the year. This book...I read it in real book form, and I had sworn never to go back to treeware.

But this book about children, magic and sometimes the elderly, is a fantastic book. I absolutely do think that it's better than any Percy Jackson story. Maybe it's better than even that precursor to many subgenres; Tom Sawyer.

I'm feeling reckless enough to compare Mahy to Twain. Go read this. It blows Isabelle Allende's magic realism out of the water.

I do know that Mahy is only human. I tried reading one of her other books. It was garbage. But THIS. Is a masterpiece.

Last edited by Luffy; 03-26-2021 at 02:43 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote