View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 08:02 AM   #2159
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pricciar View Post
Hi All,

I'm back again with the same problem as last time. I have finished a book on the device and even after it has updated every time I plug in Calibre thinks there has been a change in the reading position.

This time I plugged in. Updating the reading position on 3 books. 2 finished. I shut down Calibre without disconnecting the device. When I started Calibre back up one book (Record of a Spaceborn Few) was shown as having a reading position change. The other two books had no change.

I have a simple workaround (delete the book.) But, I thought I'd share the log in case it sheds any light on the situation. I sent you a message, David with the log attached.

And, interestingly, when I looked at the logs from when it happened last time the book that this is happening to was listed directly before the book it was happening to last time. This is probably just a coincidence, but I thought I would mention it anyhow.
It looks like I was mishandling the location. This changed a while ago for epub and it appears I had one place that I had changed it everywhere except here. The attached beta should fix this.

There are some other changes in this beta:
  • Change: Change how books are queued when automatically fetching reading locations.
  • Change: Sort the results when getting the reading locations.
  • New: Choose colour used for letterboxing in covers.
  • Fix: Fix handling of epub locations for recent firmware.

The change for the cover update uses function in calibre version 5.12. If you are using an older version of calibre, there will be no change in the cover upload.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta.zip (295.6 KB, 375 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote