View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 01:02 PM   #29683
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 4 star rating of a book that I discovered for free on this site, An Old Chester Secret, by Margaret Deland:-

Spoiler:
I did not like the ending. This is what happens when theology messes with a good story. But regardless, the only reason I didn't give this short but amazing book a perfect score is because of the dated and rampant misogyny in the proceedings.

The author was so obscure. She wrote a sterling book, never broke out of anonymity, and her work has been neglected cruelly.

I was happy, having read a book that carried a low expectation. Lately, my ratings have leaned towards negativism, but I hope to discover more gems like this one.

Last edited by Luffy; 02-01-2021 at 03:34 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote