View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #29609
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 3 star review of The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1), by Trenton Lee Stewart:-

Spoiler:
It's been a long time since I read such an easy book. It's a sibling of Percy Jackson and a cousin twice removed of Harry Potter. I liked it, despite its cluster of weak points.

I'm not going to illuminate anyone on these weak points, because it wouldn't increase or impede the next reader's grasp in their read of this book. It's very problematic to make sweeping comments that damn the novel with faint praise.

What's concrete is that the story has some merits that only the biased can deny. The speed of the events coming at you from the horizon is usually constant. The surprises near the end were heartwarming. Recommended for all ages.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote