View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #29592
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 2 star review of Mardi Gras Murder (Cajun Country Mystery, #4) by Ellen Byron:-

Spoiler:

I have rated almost all books in the series lowly, but I keep returning to it. The scores are neither harsh nor generous. In my opinion they are spot on. But why do I read them if they don't pass muster?

I like two or more aspects of the series. Firstly the books are well written. There is a smattering of French which I understand, and the tone and colour of the language are judicious.

The length of the book coupled with the prose is mesmeric to me as a reader. I can read such a book, regardless of its merits overall, in two days, and it pleases me to accomplish this.

The mystery itself is godawful. It always is. Thus the low scores. I will keep following this series which is full of contradictions.

There are so many authors nowadays that it seems like they outnumber their books, which is impossible. But when I read Mardi Gras Murder, and its like, I don't know whether I can call it well crafted or a con job.

Last edited by Luffy; 01-10-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote