View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 06:04 AM   #29572
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 2 star review of Fleshmarket Close (Inspector Rebus #15), by Ian Rankin :-

Spoiler:
This was a reread. It proved to be a night and day experience, the reread being the night. It does have some professionally installed bells and whistles, but made for pretty raw and rough reading.

Rebus is too much the gallant knight in shining armour. He gets the best lines, probably to the detriment of any other Detective in the book. The hero - for that he is - shouldn't exist in the world created by Rankin. It jolts yours truly to fit in the misfit.

It was a slog finishing this book. Never again will I reread a thriller that I touched upon in the Dark Days, when the internet for my country was a privilege for the few and at a time Stephen King was trying to bypass the publishers to reach out electronically.

But yeah. Fleshmarket Close was a wretched experience. The best aspect was the discovery of unfamiliar words, all of them coined 'familiar' by the dictionary. My next read has not a lot to live up to. Toodle-oo for now.

Last edited by Luffy; 01-08-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote