View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #77
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
As far as I can tell page-break-before:avoid and page-break-after:avoid are completely missing from all of the Kindle formats.
Another update. I came across one book that just became available with Enhanced Typesetting (KFX format) within the past few days that includes the KFX equivalent of "page-break-after: avoid" applied to its headings.

This particular books was originally published several years ago and has not been available with Enhanced Typesetting until now. As far as I can tell the book was not updated by the publisher. It appears that Amazon's workflow has changed to allow more books to be successfully converted to KFX. Looking at the coding of the book it uses a stylesheet from a Pressbooks theme called Leonard, which makes use of "page-break-after: avoid".

The current Kindle Previewer 3.36.1 strips out this property and I haven't seen it in any other book so far. Based on this I believe that it is likely that this is a new feature being rolled out in the publishing workflow.

Assuming that this property will be honored in KFX format going forward, it will make it easier to have captions stay with pictures and have other similar layouts that did not work previously in the Kindle ecosystem.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote