View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As has been noticed, a new firmware is out. It should be the last for the year. It will go to all the devices that Kobo have been updating firmware for. The rollout will follow Kobo's usual plan for firmware rollouts.

The release notes have been posted, but my notes from the betas are:
  • Icon for Reading Progress in top bar.
  • "Large Print Mode" now has slider for the font scale. This is in the "Beta Features".
  • Settings:
    • Scroll bar for settings that use more than one page.
    • Reading settings page reorganised. All the options are still there, just in a different order.
  • Highlighting of current filter or sort changed in book lists.
  • Catalan added as UI interface.
  • Changes to the WiFi connect dialog. Now shows which are saved networks.
  • Change in how current filter and sort are shown in the library lists.
  • PDF: removed anti-aliasing for speeder loading.
  • Some sync changes.
  • Fix for an auto/sleep sync issue that drained battery.
  • Turning of data sharing will no longer stop on device stats tracking.
    In the past, when you unchecked the option to share data with Kobo, it also stopped the reading stats tracking and the "Activity" showed a message about this. Now, when you turn this option off, the current stats are cleared, but, they are kept from then on and the Activity page will show them. But, the stats are not sent to the Kobo servers.

Bug fixes that I know of:
  • Fix for Reading Progress graphs.
  • Path for monospace font changed to match other fonts and name is "Courier". This should mean that any correctly sideloaded font whose name starts with "Courier" will be used when the monospace font face is specified.
  • Opening very large kepub takes too long and the device is restarted.
    Note: This fix is for purchased kepubs synced to the device. Any with the issue already on the device may need to be removed and resynced. Very large sideloaded kepubs will probably still have problems. See this post for more details.
  • Fix for annotations list for epubs being messed up when reopening an epub. See this post for more details.

Bug in recent firmware not fixed:
  • Opening very large kepub takes too long and the device is restarted.

If I think of anything later, I will add it.

For calibre users, there are no changes that affect the driver. The supported firmware version has been bumped for this firmware and will be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is completely safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware versions" option in the driver. I expect the calibre update to be released on Friday. Calibre version 4.6.0 includes the update to support this firmware version.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-28-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Epub annotation fix, data sharing and stats change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote