View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #41
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
What you wrote will work, but technically you should have another semicolon at the end of the last declaration (before the closing brace).

By doing this you are allowing widows and orphans, not preventing them.

The next question is: where to apply it? Setting it as part of the styling for normal paragraphs would probably be best for most books. Alternatively, you could apply it to body elements and everything else will inherit it.
All I know is, I've been reading a series of urban supernatural fiction (think Harry Desden, but not..) and it's annoying the holy s**t out of me. I'm reading on my go-to, a Voyage, and every other damned page is short. SHORT, not merely "oh, that last widow or orphan is doing X." It's incredibly, incredibly annoying. It's not moving ONE damn line, it's moving paragraphs and it's starting to literally (not using that word like some tween teenybopper) make me grind my teeth when reading, which, obviously, is not really the desired result.

I'm sorry, oh-widow-and-orphan obsessives, but the widows and orphans were invisible. This crap is NOT.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote