Thread: Literary The 2010s • December 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:18 AM   #20
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm moving Diary of a Bookseller up my tbr what with both your endorsements of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
We have quite close ties with some of the Cambodian community here (in fact joined some for a Cambodian evening meal last weekend)...
I was hesitant to nominate that one because of my aforementioned distaste for war descriptions, but I enjoyed the preview I read and it moved it up my longlist of possible noms.

Quote:
...and I spent quite a bit of time commuting back and forth to Papua New Guinea
Very cool! I've moved around a good bit in my life especially when younger, but it's all been western Europe and the Americas. There's still a lot of places in the world I'd love to see though including the South Pacific. Papua New Guinea in particular has this dark, dangerous, almost otherworldly tribal appeal to it.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote