View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #20
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've released patches v30 with a new "Both page turn sides go next" patch by me

This patch makes both page turn sides (or top/bottom, depending on your selection in Reading Settings) go next in the reader. This patch was made at the request of anigrin and Mrs_Often.

This patch was quite tricky to track down, as there were quite a few ways I could have done this. The first way was to have changed out the dimensions of the calculated rectangles for page turning, but that ended up being too complicated due to the use of QHash's of QRects and pointers upon pointers to functions. I ended up wasting quite a bit of time trying to do it this way. The second way was to just swap out the next and previous page functions, but this had way too many side effects. The third way was to override the tap detection completely, and although this was relatively simple, it would have become a big hassle to update in future versions. The way I ended up doing this is by taking advantage of the right-to-left support (which swaps back and forward taps), and making it set back = forward and forward = forward instead of back = forward and forward = back.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote