View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #23
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
@geek1011 -- thank you so much for your patching work for us Kobo owners! Like JackieW, I want to strike while the iron is hot -- but my request(s) may be beyond easy patching.

1. On the Forma, I'd love to have the option to have the physical page buttons ALWAYS trigger page forward -- i.e., toggle up OR toggle down. My grip shifts, so sometimes one toggle direction is more natural for me than the other, but I always want to be going forward. If I need to go backwards (rarely) I can just swipe.

2. Whether it is easier or harder than that request, the other solution would be to have a tap forward zone in the tap settings that basically takes up the whole screen other than a small options box around the page number. On the larger devices (KA1 and Forma), none of the four options work well for my grip -- my thumb is too high for the one that has page forward all the way across the bottom, and you have to reach too far across the device with your thumb for either of the two options that devote more space to page forward on one of the sides.

I would be a very happy camper with either or both of these. Thanks for listening (and thanks again for enabling us to get rid of the swipe to open nuisance!)
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote