View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 03:58 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The new firmware can probably be called the "Walmart" release. I believe this will be released to the Aura ONE and later devices. I don't know about the other devices as yet.

The changes I know of for this firmware are:
  • Full Overdrive support available in some of the newer devices. This is the for the Aura H20 Edition 2, Aura Edition 2, Clara HD.
  • Fix: Top margin correctly rendered when opening an epub.
  • Fix: Long press needed to change the page progress display when reading
  • Reading settings page has been rearranged a little.
  • Paging in settings that need multiple pages has been improved.
  • Config file option "AutoUsbGadget" has been added. If set to "true" in the config file, the device automatically connect to the PC when plugged in. This needs to be added to the "DeveloperSettings" section of the config file.

If I find anything else, I will update this list.

For calibre, there are no changes needed except to bump the supported firmware version number. This change has already been checked and will be in the next calibre release. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware versions" in the drivers.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-21-2018 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote