View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 04:24 AM   #121
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Can I forgo commenting the default blank overrides: in the config and just append mine at the bottom of the file? (I won't ask you to make it commented out by default, because I know how confusing that might be to some users, as #110 just proved ).
Good question, something I have asked, too - including the commenting of the empty overrides.

I have submitted a pull request to allow reading a config file from a cmd line argument or stdin, and I would alter the question here: what besides the actual firmware zip file is version dependent? I see two times the version appearing in the yaml file: the `version` tag and the `in` tag.

Does the `version` tag carry any inherent meaning?

And if not, would it be an option (I can look at the code) to override the `in` tag with a command line argument? It really seems strange that everything looks so version independent but the version number still appears.
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote