View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #63
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, I've spent the last few days working on a small tool/library to print messages on screen, and I think I've finally got it in a decent state .

So, here's a prerelease version of KFMon v1.1.0, which integrates this library to shout at you when things go wrong .

EDIT: This is part of the 1.2.0 release .

----

A few things of note for the technically inclined: my H2O is up to date, so it's post-32bpp switch. 16bpp support should be mostly sane, with the caveat that the colors *might* be inverted (i.e., white on black, while the default should be black and white).
If you happen to run a device still running a 16bpp FW, I'd be glad to know how it fares there .

Also, there's no real rotation handling, it's expecting 0,0 to be the top-left of the screen. It holds true on my H2O on FW 4.8 (... once Nickel has finished booting), and on every Kindle I've got.
That probably won't change, because I nearly broke my brain with basic geometry working on this already, but, still, for science! it'd be interesting to know if weird crap happens on that front on other setups.
(And before you try KOReader in landscape mode: nope, it's a software viewport rotation).

If you're familiar with Kindles, you'll note that eips makes no effort on that front either .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-13-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: 1.2.0 has been released ;).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote