View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I have to admit that APL was the first language I learnt. The school I went to in Montreal had a dial up connection to IP Sharp, and in grade 8 (first year high school) I was introduced to the joys of computing. I don't think we had any classes in it, it was just there for us to use and teach ourselves and each other.

A few years later we also had access to an APL PC; the IBM 5100 (although I don't really recall which model it was).

A few years later the school acquired an HP microcomputer, some thing in the 9800 family; BASIC, built in tape drive and a card reader.

In university I first was exposed to SP/K a series of subsets of PL/1, then PL/C a dialect of PL/1. After that came PASCAL, C and a myriad of other languages.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote