View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 08:12 PM   #35
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Hey all - I got Keyboard working, and it works in the search boxes too.

I commented out makexconf in /etc/upstart/x.conf
I made my filesystem rw
then I added this to /etc/x.conf and killed x proccess, so it rereads this ( restart x doeswnt re-read the upstart x file )

Quote:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "keyboard"
Driver "evdev"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Kindle"
Screen "Kscreen"
InputDevice "multitouch" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection
This won't gracefully handle the input# changing, nor would it work will on reboot etc.

And bt replacing the "multitouch" section with this:
Quote:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "mouse"
Driver "evdev"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event3"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "AlwaysCore"
EndSection
I am able to have my mouse drive around the screen, but still no mouse pointer is visible.

I was hoping that was a feature of the multitouch driver, and switching to evdev would make it show up.

Last edited by coplate; 08-14-2016 at 11:56 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote