View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #100
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Personally simply having the ability to choose what options appear in the menu is adequate for my needs. The other functionality is important, but I do not want to see it all the time. Ideally, I would like to be able to place them under a sub-menu. Is that also possible?
I prepared a test version. If it turns out to be useful, I will include it in the first update.

If you like install the KoboRoot.tgz that you can find in the uploaded archive. [Edit: I removed the uploaded archive, since the functionality is now embedded in the patch for Aura One and Aura Edition 2.]

Then add to the section [general] in .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt the key "suppressEntries" and list as value all menu entries you want not to appear in the main menu, e.g.

Code:
suppressEntries=+info+toggle_rotation+start_vlasovsoftlauncher+koreader_additions+usb+wifi+configure+tools+scripts+user_scripts+reboot+power_off+
Note the "+" at the start and on the beginning of the value, and in between the entry-names.

Then select this line via "configure".

The images below show the effect on my device using the "suppressEntries" value from above.
Image 1: before the installation and configuration
Image 2: after the installation and configuration
Image 3: after toggling between full and short menu.

In the spoiler is a list of the suppressible items:
Spoiler:
toggle_rotation
start_nickel
power_off
reboot
usb
wifi
configure
tools
scripts
user_scripts
start_koreader
start_nickel_koreader_switch
start_koreader_nickel_switch
koreader_additions
start_kobolauncher
start_coolreader
start_coolreader_ls
coolreader
front_light_on
front_light_off
find_and_open
select_koreader_version
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img01.png
Views:	1216
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	146085   Click image for larger version

Name:	img02.png
Views:	533
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	146086   Click image for larger version

Name:	img03.png
Views:	477
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	146087  

Last edited by tshering; 02-13-2017 at 11:20 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote