View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #140
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Change options in configuration files

KSM 07 (with update 2) provides now a means to change options in configuration files. I think the handling is straight forward and give therefore only a short example. This presupposes that you have not already added the Screenshots option to Kobo eReader.conf.
  • select (from KSM home) "tools" > "kobo diverse.msh" > "edit nickel conf.sh"
  • select the section "[FeatureSettings]"
  • select "add item" > "Screenshots=true"
  • select "return"
  • select "save and exit"

In order to disable screenshots you would
  • select (from KSM home) "tools" > "kobo diverse.msh" > "edit nickel conf.sh"
  • select the section "[FeatureSettings]"
  • select "Screenshots=true"
  • select "Screenshots=false" (or "delete")
  • select "return"
  • select "save and exit"

Which options are available depends on the content of .adds\kbmenu\confoptions\nickel_conf_options.txt. When editing this file, use only a unix style editor. For instance, under the section [ApplicationPreferences], you find
Code:
CurrentLocale=en_GB
CurrentLocale=en_US
In order to add more options you would add further lines like
Code:
CurrentLocale=fr_BE
CurrentLocale=fr_CA
and so on.

Note, that I included all keys that I knew off. Not all of them work with each firmware version.

----------------------
It is important that you do not use white space between keys and "=" and values, in any of the configuration option files, even if a configuration file (nightmode.ini) does contain white spaces in such positions.

----------------------
About a mistake in the options list for KSM configuration:
Spoiler:
In the options list for the KSM configuration (.adds\kbmenu\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt)
Code:
poweroffRandomdir=$ksmroot/mynotes/pofftest
poweroffRandomdir=/mnt/onboard/.adds/kbmenu_test01/mynotespofftest
there is a mistake. Correct is
Code:
poweroffRandomdir=$ksmroot/mynotes/pofftest
poweroffRandomdir=/mnt/onboard/.adds/kbmenu/mynotes/pofftest
Both links refer to the same location, I gave them to demonstrate the alternative of using the variable $ksmroot instead of writing the full path (Unfortunately, I left the full path to my test version of KSM, which is not installed on your device). Therefore, if you want to test the example random power off screen, please select poweroffRandomdir=$ksmroot/mynotes/pofftest, or correct the path of the other entry before selecting it.

#############
Currently (update 3), there are three configuration menus.

KSM: (home) configure
Nickel: (home) tools > kobo diverse.msh > edit nickel conf.sh
Nightmode: (home) tools > kobo diverse.msh > edit nightmode conf.sh

You can find all option files in .adds\kbmenu\confoptions.

EDIT: The location of the option files in KSM 8 is .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions.

#############
Some of the entries in the configuration files are to long to be completely desplayed in one line of the screen. To improve a little on this toggle to landscape before entering the configuration menu.
If you do not see the "toggle rotation" option, activate by selecting "(KSM home) configure, ... (the section is "[general]", the key is "enablerotation")

Last edited by tshering; 03-31-2016 at 04:23 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote