View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #63
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I received my voyage. I'm not all that thrilled with it really. My screen is also somewhat two toned, more yellow on the top, brighter and more white on the bottom. Most definitely not getting on the exchange merry go round this time, especially since I'm not overly thrilled with the device in general, especially for the price. The best thing is the fonts are definitely sharper.

However, the screen on my PW2 is much more even than on the voyage I received. I also feel the fonts on my PW2 are pretty much just as dark as on the voyage. Overall I really like the screen better on my PW2 and the difference of the slightly sharper font on the voyage is not enough for me to keep it.

The page turn buttons I'm not impressed with. They're ok, but to me since the screen is completely flush, you barely have to move your hand over much more to simply hit the screen instead of the page press. If you want to always have your hand on the bezel it would benefit you, but for me actually using them, I didn't find it all that great.

Bottom line for me is for the price it's not worth it. I'm going to give the Kobo H20 a try as I love the idea of being able to customize the fonts, line spacing, and what not. If the H20 screen is comparable to my PW2, I'll keep the H20.

Very happy for everyone who loves their voyage, it's just not worth it for me personally.
Sorry that you are not happy with the Voyage, particularly at a premium price point. I have a PW2, Aura HD and Aura H2O. The Aura H2O is even better than the HD (the best ereader, IMHO, until the H2O) and is certainly far superior to the PW2. The display is absolutely beautiful, sharp, even lighting, crisp fonts and increased contrast. Being able utilize the full real estate of the 6.8" display is the big plus, along with one's custom fonts, margins, line spacing etc. Also nice is the ability to take advantage of the micro SD slot. The ergonomics of the H2O is nicely contoured on the back with a "gripable" coating that makes one-handed reading very comfortable. Oh, yes, It's waterproof too!

You'll become spoiled with the H20 and find the PW2 spending more time on the shelf.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote