Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #538
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Edit: Please be aware that currently (latest version is 04 plus updates) there is no package for the H20. If you want to use KSM for H2O, you have to prepare the package yourself and use the touch driver referred to in this post.
Note: You have to do the changes before you install KSM.
Do this only if you know what you are doing. A minor mistake might brick your device!

---------------------

Thanks to the work of Cecill3000, KSM is working on H2O, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
One small bug , When I boot into KSM with Cecell3000's driver on the H2O, start menu starts upside-down. When I tap on any of the menu entries (where they SHOULD be, not where they are when upside-down), the display flips and from then on stays the right way up (until the next boot).
This is only a minor inconvenience, everything otherwise appears to work perfectly.
Since Aura HD shows the screen upside down, when a Qt application is started the first time after booting, I made the KSM application run and exit the first time without any user interaction. (There should be a better way to achieve this, but I have no idea what exactly is changing in the evironment.)

The same fix can be done for the H2O. As shown by Frenzie in this post the code

Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" = "dragon" ]; then
    sh $kbmenudir/kobomenu.sh -autoselectafter=0
fi
should be changed to

Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" == "dahlia" ] || [ "$PRODUCT" == "dragon" ]; then
    sh $kbmenudir/kobomenu.sh -autoselectafter=0
fi
In older versions, this code is in etc\init.d\rcS, in the updated version in .kobo\kbmenu\onstart\ksmhome.sh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I have just looked into it a bit further, if I exit nickel to KSM, it is upside-down again.
Also a short press on the power button flips it to the right way up.
I quess by "short press" you mean you restart the device. Right?

When returning from nickel to KSM, we have the same problem, but the same solution does not work. Or, it seems to work, but only once. From that point on the screen is shown upside down every second time a Qt application is run.

The solution in the most recent version (I missed it by mistake in version 4) was to reboot after exiting nickel by

Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" == "dragon" ]; then
    reboot
fi
This should now be changed to

Code:
if [ "$PRODUCT" == "dahlia" ] || [ "$PRODUCT" == "dragon" ]; then
    reboot
fi
The file is .kobo\kbmenu\onstart\startreader.sh.

If we understood what exactly causes the turning of the screen, we could find a better solution.

Last edited by tshering; 11-09-2014 at 03:48 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote