Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #314
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Highlights remain AFTER deleting the book

Product: Aura HD
Firmware: 2.8.1. (b2c05cda0e, 9/20/2013)
Plugins: ???
File types: epubs (I haven't tested on kepubs and it's late)
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Loaded through Calibre
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open any epub.
  2. Highlight any text.
  3. Within the Kobo device, delete the epub. (So nobody can say it's Calibre's fault).
  4. Reload the epub (or a modified epub version as it was my case) through Calibre.
  5. Open it.
  6. Voilą. You have your previous annotations. More or less, because maybe you made highlights in order to fix typos, like I did, so the new old book is not the same anymore...
  7. If I delete a book, I delete the book, ALL the book. The next book with the same name/author or whatever can be a complete different edition. Keeping the annotations (highlights at least) is just pointless. And in addition, I suppose they spend internal storage (big or small it doesn't matter) that I'm losing!!!
Current result: Outdated highlights, pointless use of internal storage
Workaround: None that I know but deleting highlights BEFORE deleting the ebook. And that can be a PITA because there's no "Delete All" option... (Ideas are welcomed)
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote