View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #149
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Interesting... so let me see if I got that right. You want a texture or some texture options for the background (the black part) of your cover. Not the picture itself, right?

And it can't be too much because you're using the background also for title and author, right?

You want to combine the new texture and the picture by yourself? Because I don't think you can do this with the GUI Plugin...or we have to see if kiwidude can change that.
If you can come up with a simple two step process that will be fine - ie frame the picture in one of your textures to create a composite image and give that image to Generate Cover so it can write the Title & Author on the borders.

Once we have that, then it can be used as a model to present to kiwidude, and if he's not interested then we have not lost anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Your pictures always having the same size?

You have it in high quality? It would be good to have it in the size you use it, so I can better see what I can come up with.
The size/quality is whatever they are when I drag them onto my desktop from wherever I find them - I'll attach a zip with some that I use. I can resize them to a fixed 'standard" size with the Faststone gadget I have in my windows context menu.

Quality is not an issue for me in the way that it is for some folks. The text is there for me to read, and the picture gives me a hint as to the books 'subject'. The textured frame is eye candy to make it less boring.

That image of the ECB I posted is not what I actually use for Euro related books, it was just something I peeled from Drag-highs site this morning, I usually try for something a bit better than that.

For Euro related books I actually use a picture of Jens Weidmann looking at the ECB Tower from his office window at Buba, with a scowl on his face. It came from someone I know, who took it when he interviewed JW - so its FMEO

The Brunhilde pic is what I use for Chancellor Mutti stuff - hope you're not offended

BR

ps: I have a small amount of knowledge of Irfanview - I can use its panorama and paint dialog features, and look for EXIF and IPTC metadata. I have tried to use the GIMP & Photoshop, but they are a total mystery to me.

pps: The pictures I use come via Google images, with the exception of the JW pic. I never use pictures I take myself on account that I have nothing with which to take them - arch iconoclast.

Attached Files
File Type: zip 4MiniMouse.zip (1.10 MB, 571 views)

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-03-2013 at 01:22 AM. Reason: forgot the zip
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote