View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Bad rendering of long Paragraph. Probably a Kobo bug

Hi there, I'm a really happy kobo Glo user, and an ebook creator for work.
I think I found a little bug in how the kobo software manage the text in epubs and hope some one can confirm (hope also that some kobo developer can read this).

The problem appears when in the ebook there is a very large paragraph, if at the used font size and line spacing the paragraph is so big to need more than one and half screen, pagination go crazy leaving half blank pages as software cannot break the paragraph on more than two parts, as obvious this apppens less reducing the font size. This appened in 2.1.5 firmware and also in the new 2.3.1.

First of all I thought of a bad code in epub, mostly because the error is rare, but I checked and understood that is rare because so long paragraphs are.

In the attached epub the code is really reduced to exential to exclude errors in the file, and the breaks appear also in a so simple file, I tried also different ebook reader and the Glo is the only one breaking the page.
I attach also a couple of photos of the glo, obviously it is the reader breaking the text in the epub there is no page break.

Can anyone confirm this?
Wrote also to help@kobobooks.com hoping it can be fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img1379yy.jpeg
Views:	1895
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	97924   Click image for larger version

Name:	img1383es.jpeg
Views:	1138
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	97925  
Attached Files
File Type: epub glo TEST.epub (6.3 KB, 509 views)

Last edited by eXistenZ; 12-19-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: more specific title
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote