View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #200
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: I (almost) never *completely* link statically. At best I statically link one or two troublesome or recent lib, but I usually try to use mostly dynamic linking, while avoiding ABI/API mismatches, (like this one, which wouldn't even be an issue if I was building against the same glibc as the Kindle, which is what I'm doing on my K5 TC ).

In the xz case, I end up with a ~160K binary with NEEDED entries for libgcc_s.so.1 @ GCC_3.5, libpthread.so.0 & libc.so.6 @ GLIBC_2.4, which should be more than backward compatible enough to run on the K2/K3 .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-15-2012 at 09:43 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote