View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #561
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
Could you please check this:
https://github.com/onyx-intl/public_kernel

It was recently published and I hope it is the stuff what you are missing.

If you think it is still incomplete please infom me.

Thank you for your tremendous work!!!
As you asked: Update on source repository issues...

CR3 still refuses to be built due to API problems:
Code:
Linking CXX executable ../../../../bin/cr3
CMakeFiles/cr3.dir/lcl_ui/line_edit.cpp.o: In function `ui::lcl_OnyxLineEdit::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*)':
line_edit.cpp:(.text+0x665): undefined reference to `ui::NumberDialog::NumberDialog(QWidget*, QString)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
feed_reader is still missing the feed_action.h and feed_action.cpp files.

libcrypto (openssl) is still missing in the toolchain. (We know how to insert it - so it's more a nuisance than a real problem - and on a second thought, it could possibly be even an advantage, because it forces developers to use recent versions )

(that is: cp3 and feed_reader simply cannot be compiled - I have no clue as to whether the versions in the repository are up-to-date or not)

The kernel repository is missing a lot of crucial files
I'll attach a file list from a diff with the freescale kernel sources their kernel is based on.
Examples are:
initramfs_data.S initramfs_data.bz2.S initramfs_data.gz.S initramfs_data.lzma.S initramfs_data.lzo.S
(needed to build the initrd - these are the ones creating the first of a series of errors stopping kernel compilation )

I wonder why they removed them... some are indeed not needed (e.g., arch/alpha/*.S), but then again, neither are the remaining files in arch/alpha (which are included).
One could almost get the impression that they're making it explicitly hard to use the sources :-| .
Anyhow - the list of missing files is attached - they should simply add the full kernel source tree.

naboo_reader, gui_shell and system_manager are still closed source, but it seems very likely that these are not licensed under GPL anyway - so we can only kindly request access to these source (or a developer program)... I guess we'll eventually have to switch over to OpenBoox, since too many things cannot be properly done without the source.

W.r.t. the firmware: as I pointed out, I'd greatly appreciate the enabling of multiple gray levels for scribbling (I'd then update color_pdf_tools to interpret the gray levels as colors rather than hijacking the scribble styles). I deem this a very useful (and after all I see low effort on their behalf) modification.

One thing I'd be curious about: Does the naboo_reader rewrite also address the annoying space omission bug?

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: txt missing_kernel_files.txt (63.6 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by kodomo; 05-18-2012 at 07:10 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote