View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
In theory yes. In reality, and perhaps with the re-writing of the site, at the moment I can't seem to download the entirety of a purchased book, only a "sample". I can read the whole thing online though and it was yesterdays "play of the day" for $0.25 so I'm not out much. Hopefully it is a bug and will get fixed.
I had the same problem trying to download an EPUB last night and sent them a support query. They acknowledged it was a bug and offered this workaround:

1. Under "How to Read," navigate to "Download EPUB" or "Download PDF"
2. Right click on the icon, and select "Copy Link Address"
3. Open a new tab and pate the Link Address
4. Before hitting "Return" to prompt the book to download and open, remove "&dl_type=sample" from the URL
5. Now hit "Return" to open the file

It works; I'd actually figured that out about 5 minutes after I'd sent the query. Looks like the problem is still there.

Way to launch a new service huh?
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote