View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I was a total novice when it came to running scripts on my XP PC. It took me a couple of days of trial and error but this is what worked.

1. Download and install Python. I installed version 2.5. It is in a directory labeled: c:\Python25
2. Download and unzip Igor's scripts. Either unzip or move the scripts to c:\Python25\Tools\Scripts
3. Edit the PATH to include the Python executable and the path to the scripts (where you placed Igor's scripts). In XP right-click on "My Computer" then click on "Properties","Advanced" tab, "Environmental Variables". In the System Variables window find and highlight "PATH" and click edit. Add the paths. The two paths I added were ;c:\Python25 and ;c:\Python25\Tools\Scripts. Please note that each path starts with a semi-colon ";" Be sure your typing is correct and click "OK" Keep clicking "OK" until you're out of the System Properties window.

post content modified on Amazon's request

I was able to convert all my MobiPocket ebooks from one of two ebook stores. *However*, 95% of the books did not show titles when loaded onto the Kindle. There's a fix for that MobiPerl thread Fortunately, you won't have to install Perl to get this to work assuming the Windows executables work in Vista. I was able to add back title and author to the file so that I could see them on the Kindle.

I'm no expert but I'm not afraid to try new (at least to me) things on the PC.

I don't know what, if any, differences there are to running all this in Vista but if there are, I hope you let us know.

HTH