Thread: iLiad Java Viewer Booster Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #44
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Alright, I made it on my ILIAD (with firmware 2.11). The following is my steps:
1. Install emelFM2 in your sd card. Use it to copy "/home/intent/runmobi.sh" and /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml" to your sd card.
2. Edit the above two files on your PC. In "runmobi.sh", find a line begins with "JVMARGS", add a '#' in front of the line. Add a new line with the code prescribed by scotty1024. In "registry.xml", find the section for mobipocket (It starts with "<application type="MOBIPOCKET">"). In the sub-section "<supportFormat>", instert two lines:"<extName>cbz</extName>" and "<extName>djvu</extName>".
Note, if you use UltraEdit to edit, don't convert the two files to DOS format. I don't know what will happen if you do.
Save the two files in you sd card.
3. download scotty1024's "iliadviewers_0.2.zip". Unpack it to your sd card.
4. Insert the sd card back to your ILIAD. In the ContentLister, install iliadviewers_0.2. Use emelFM2 to copy "runmobi.sh" and "registry.xml" to their original dir.
5. Reboot. In ContentLister, click on .djvu or .cbz files. You should be able to read them now. The icons of .djvu and .cbz may still be marked with 'X', don't worry.
6. if you don't like the "X" icon for .djvu and .cbz file in the ContentLister, modify "registry.xml". Add:
<extensionInfo>
<associateApp>MOBIPOCKET</associateApp>
<extName>cbz</extName> <extIcon>/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png</extIcon>
</extensionInfo>

<extensionInfo>
<associateApp>MOBIPOCKET</associateApp>
<extName>djvu</extName> <extIcon>/usr/share/contentlister/Icon_mobipocket.png</extIcon>
</extensionInfo>

I want to thank scotty1024 for his great work. His iliadviewers_02 solved most my problems. I have lots of comic stored in zip format. I don't want to spend time to convert them to pdf. So, I try to find a cbz viewer. I started from porting some linux apps. To do porting, I have to create a corss-compiling environment. I spent about one week to study cross-compiling. Pitifully, the only program I succeeded was my own "Hello World". Then I found this thread. Most of my requirement is fulfilled. Besides, as I am more familiar with Java, I may be able to create some apps for ILIAD users.

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-29-2007 at 08:28 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote