View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Dan de V
Avid Reader
Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Dan de V can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: PRS 350 & HTC Legend
Best Way to Authorize a new Sony Reader?

My apologies up front as I am sure I am repeating what has been said many times before but I just can't find a decent thread that explains the options and best one to take.

I have finally got myself a Sony PRS350 and I would like to authorise it with ADE but before I do I want to make sure that I do it right 1st time.

I have been on the mobileread forums on and off over the last couple of years. From what I have read I got the impression there are many ways to get it wrong and end up in a mess. In an effort to try and avoid that I am looking for some hard earned instruction from the pros out there.

I should point out I have a library of about 250 books that I have bought over the years (.prc & .pdb) that I have stripped of DRM and converted in Calibre to epub. So I want to organise my books mainly with Calibre. Having read a few stories about the sony software I am wary of installing that. I would rather just authorise with ADE (which I have installed and I have an Adobe ID for) and not install the sony library software at all. But how. When I plug in my PRS350 ADE seems to take no notice (or if I start ADE after plugging in my PRS350). I have transferred all my non DRM epubs via Calibre with no problem to ereader but how do I get ADE to "see" my PRS350 and ask me if I want to authorise it?

Thanks
Dan de V is offline   Reply With Quote