View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #240
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I couldn't get Vista to recognize the RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget automatically (after I installed the Windows Mobile Device Center). So I canceled the automatic search-and-fail-miserably-while-forcing-me-into-a-never-ending-loop-of-despair driver search and went to the Device Manager. After much consternation, I found the following solution that gave me much joy:

Right-click on the unknown gadget and select Update Driver Software...
Select the "Browse my computer for driver software" option...
Choose the "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, damn you!" option... Choose Network Adapter for the device type...
Select "Microsoft Corporation" for the manufacturer and "Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter" (newest version) for the Driver.
"Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" worked as well.

Configured the adapter and sshed my little heart out.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-04-2011 at 10:57 PM.