Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #1
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Kobo Colour video reviews

I thought it might be a good idea to regroup the couples of video reviews we can see, so far, before the official release to the public of both the Libra and Clara.

Here's the most recent I've seen. And if you have to watch only one, this is the one. Very well made.

EDIT : Thanks to DNSB for editing the all the YouTube tags on this page, so we don't just see a black box with a red triangle.

Edit by Claude_C: added an appreciation comment

Last edited by deleted2; 04-17-2024 at 11:18 PM. Reason: corrected Youtube link to correct format
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:29 PM   #2
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the first one I saw (in French). Not super great, but it gives you an idea.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 09:24 PM.
Advert
Old 04-17-2024, 03:31 PM   #3
deleted2
Member Retired

A video made by the same women, but for the Clara Colour.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Correct Youtube to correct format
Old 04-17-2024, 03:35 PM   #4
deleted2
Member Retired

I'll include this one too, even if it's not a really good video. The guy talks too much (Spanish?) and doesn't show the Kobo Libra Colour enough, but here it is anyway.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Correct Youtube to correct format
Old 04-17-2024, 08:58 PM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Here is a full review. (Very enthusiastic!)

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Corrected Youtube link format. Looks oddly like Youtube linked in the first message
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2024, 09:31 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For those who wish to use Youtube links:

posted link to Youtube video:
[YOUTUBE][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y4gKDjWrC8[/url][/YOUTUBE]
should be:
[YOUTUBE]-y4gKDjWrC8[/YOUTUBE]

posted link to Youtube video using URL shortening:
[YOUTUBE][url]https://youtu.be/_i-JV7s4yqY?si=SB9-DDLpGV061AJB[/url][/YOUTUBE]
should be:
[YOUTUBE][_i-JV7s4yqY[/YOUTUBE]

Basically [YOUTUBE]video identifier code[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 09:41 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 10:13 PM   #7
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Here is a full review. (Very enthusiastic!)
Yes, it's the first video of this topic.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:18 PM   #8
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For those who wish to use Youtube links:
Or you can click "Watch on Youtube" on the video and just enjoy the links.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:58 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Or you can click "Watch on Youtube" on the video and just enjoy the links.
To use the "Watch on Youtube", you need to use the Youtube tag properly.

When you see a black box with a play triangle and clicking on it does not work, it is a touch frustrating.
This is what was originally posted. Click and watch the error message appear.

The code used was: [YOUTUBE][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y4gKDjWrC8[/url][/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 10:59 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Basically, what I am trying to say is to use the Youtube tags properly for Youtube videos. It's a bit of a pain extracting the Youtube video identifier but it gets easier after a bit of practice.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:03 PM   #11
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Basically, what I am trying to say is to use the Youtube tags properly for Youtube videos. It's a bit of a pain extracting the Youtube video identifier but it gets easier after a bit of practice.
Here's what I see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_Colour_video_reviews_-_MobileRead_Forums.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	207690
Old 04-17-2024, 11:08 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Here's what I see.
Sadly, that is what I saw after I edited the message. Before then, I saw a black boxes with a play icon. See my message #9 in this thread where I copy/pasted the youtube url full_youtube_url /url /youtube that was originally posted.

I ended up editing the messages in this thread to allow the Youtube videos front page to be seen along with the watch on youtube, play, etc.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:13 PM   #13
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Sadly, that is what I saw after I edited the message. Before then, I saw a black boxes with a play icon. See my message where I copy/pasted the youtube url full_youtube_url /url /youtube that was originally posted.

I ended up editing the messages in this thread to allow the Youtube videos front page to be seen along with the watch on youtube, play, etc.

I see. Many thanks for your editing.

I didn't know. I just use the YouTube button here, and pasted the URL between the generated tags. I'll try to keep this in mind. Again, thanks!
Old 04-17-2024, 11:17 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
I didn't know. I just use the YouTube button here, and pasted the URL between the generated tags. I'll try to keep this in mind. Again, thanks!
It's a bit of a pain to have to remember but, to me, it's worthwhile since a lot of videos are easy to recognize from the front page.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:20 PM   #15
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
It's a bit of a pain to have to remember but, to me, it's worthwhile since a lot of videos are easy to recognize from the front page.
I added a thank you note on the first post. You deserve it.