Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #31
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I have a quick question (and I may be being stupid), but I have a problem with the Libra Colour and calibre.

Before, books would always be sent to the "Books" folder on the device. Now, however, they are all sent to separate author folders not contained in the "Books" folder. Which makes for an organizational mess.

I did also upgraded my computer at basically the same time I got the Libra Colour, so I may have forgotten a setting somewhere. But I tried to go screen-by-screen and copy my settings, so I really don't know.

Any suggestions?
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
I have a quick question (and I may be being stupid), but I have a problem with the Libra Colour and calibre.

Before, books would always be sent to the "Books" folder on the device. Now, however, they are all sent to separate author folders not contained in the "Books" folder. Which makes for an organizational mess.

I did also upgraded my computer at basically the same time I got the Libra Colour, so I may have forgotten a setting somewhere. But I tried to go screen-by-screen and copy my settings, so I really don't know.

Any suggestions?
In the KoboTouchExtended driver or the KoboTouch driver, the template I use is
Code:
books/{author} - {series} {series_index:0>2s|| - } {title}
That puts all the eBooks in the books directory.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #33
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the KoboTouchExtended driver or the KoboTouch driver, the template I use is
Code:
books/{author} - {series} {series_index:0>2s|| - } {title}
That puts all the eBooks in the books directory.
Thank you! I did miss a setting after all
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why do you really care. if it works?
Kobo has a Library Manager that you use to select what you read.

I almost never look at my Kobos files with Explorer. (Firmware and the rare restore the DB are those exceptions)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #35
7hir7een
Reader of Books

I also use KOreader and may use it again once it's compatible with the Libra Colour, so I like having things sorted to where I can find them more easily
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #36
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
But.... If you make good use of collections and series info, items are easy to find in the native Kobo software.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I also use KOreader and may use it again once it's compatible with the Libra Colour, so I like having things sorted to where I can find them more easily
Makes sense. Too bad they don't make it more modern. File names method was my first reader in 2010
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Any suggestions?
Personally, I use the following for my template when sending to my Kobo:

Code:
Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
If you want the series information in the filename:

Code:
Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{series:|[|} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
The :sublist(0,1,&) trims the author/author sort list to the first member to keep the filenames from getting too long. Change Elib to Books to match what you mentioned.

I don't look at the books on the ereader in a file explorer unless I have an issue with the file and want to compare the version on the Kobo to the version in calibre.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 01:08 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:16 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I use the following for my template when sending to my Kobo:

Code:
Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
If you want the series information in the filename:

Code:
Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{series:|[|} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
The :sublist(0,1,&) trims the author/author sort list to the first member to keep the filenames from getting too long. Change Elib to Books to match what you mentioned.

I don't look at the books on the ereader in a file explorer unless I have an issue with the file and want to compare the version on the Kobo to the version in calibre.
The template I posted does put series info in the filename.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote