Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2024, 12:46 AM   #61
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I can’t wait a whole 12 days for my Kobo Libra Colour! :*(
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:28 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Not true. Everyone I know that's seen BB thinks it's brilliant and classic. I don't believe any of them have seen SNL. I know what it is, but I don't think it's been on TV here.

The sequel isn't so great, but OK.

American Graffiti, while it has it's own worth is chalk to the cheese. Or cheap beer vs fine fine. It's a completely different Genre and for older people than would enjoy Williow.
SNL is on in the UK. But not the early seasons. I've seen them.

I think more people would enjoy American Graffiti then Willow.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 06:41 AM   #63
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
SNL is on in the UK. But not the early seasons. I've seen them.
Probably not any time near when BB was released, even to DVD. However UK TV in Ireland historically depended on location until the terrestrial channels started going FTA on satellite. On digital S4C was first, then BBC (about 2005? I forget), then the ITVs and C4 and Five. In analogue Satellite era Five was the only terrestrial channel FTA on satellite but was encrypted on Digital, even while analogue was still running.

Ironically we stopped watching most TV about the time we got our first HDTV!

Quote:
I think more people would enjoy American Graffiti then Willow.
That's irrelevant because they are such different genres. It says nothing about intrinsic value.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-19-2024 at 06:49 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:02 PM   #64
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
any good 6" with buttons?
since u guys keep mentioning it
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:00 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readthinksurvive View Post
Nope. But there is a good 7" with buttons, It's the Kobo Libra 2.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:16 PM   #66
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by readthinksurvive View Post
If you are in the U.S., visit a Barnes and Noble store and try out a Nook. If you think it is good, ask some questions about it here.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:28 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The nook firmware is atrocious. Don't bother.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:56 PM   #68
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Somebody on Reddit says text on their new Clara b&w looks better than on their Libra 2. I can't quite tell from the posted photo but I'll take their word for it. Hopefully we'll get a Libra 3 next year

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/s/cj893Grzi9
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:14 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Somebody on Reddit says text on their new Clara b&w looks better than on their Libra 2. I can't quite tell from the posted photo but I'll take their word for it. Hopefully we'll get a Libra 3 next year

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/s/cj893Grzi9
Yes, the text does look better on the Clara BW. I would like a Libra 3 for the larger battery, faster processor, and better/faster screen.
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #70
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I would like a Libra 3 for the larger battery, faster processor, and better/faster screen.
Dude, Libra 3 is not the preferred nomenclature. Libra BW, please.

(Sorry, I'm channeling my inner Walter Sobchak.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Dude, Libra 3 is not the preferred nomenclature. Libra BW, please.

(Sorry, I'm channeling my inner Walter Sobchak.)
Maybe Libra 3 BW.