Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #181
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If anyone else has downloaded the test builds or made their own builds from master and could test some of the new features listed in the first post in this thread, we would love to hear about it, good or bad.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #182
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Also, I would love to hear people's thoughts on point 2 on the list:

2. Consider adding "Use Unicode" to Find & Replace Regex options (*UCP)

It would involve adding a new item to the PullDown and then properly handling that option during search (it is one of the few regex options that must always be first in the regex code). So it shoudl not be difficult and we already have to update the Search Chapter in the Sigil user's guide to handle the new Search Where catagories just added.

So thoughts anyone? Especially from non-english character set epub developers? Add it or rely on Saved Searches where adding the necessary regex code us be done easily once and recalled.

Thanks.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 03:37 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #183
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Also, I would love to hear people's thoughts on point 2 on the list:

2. Consider adding "Use Unicode" to Find & Replace Regex options (*UCP)

It would involve adding a new item to the PullDown and then properly handling that option during search (it is one of the few regex options that must always be first in the regex code). So it shoudl not be difficult and we already have to update the Search Chapter in the Sigil user's guide to handle the new Search Where catagories just added.

So thoughts anyone? Especially from non-english character set epub developers? Add it or rely on Saved Searches where adding the necessary regex code us be done easily once and recalled.

Thanks.
Most of my use of Sigil is in either editing purchased books so I can read them (bad eyesight not compatible with fancy-pants formatting), or doing OCR on old texts and turning the result into a proofed epub (think 1920s or 30s pulp mystery magazines). I do these for my own enjoyment, not for publication or distribution.

For the new books, I suppose the need to find and replace unicode characters could come up at any time, but I haven't hit one yet. In these cases I'm mostly interested in (for example) finding and making readable some 0.2em sized set of footnotes so I have a chance of reading them without constantly changing text size on my reader. So I'm mostly concerned with css and tag names.

Surprisingly, the old magazines and books have a lot of diacritic characters. Think Sax Rohmer and his fake Arabic transliterations! But if Tesseract gives me é or û, it is so far always a single character, not a multiple-character unicode grapheme. And if I use my compose key to type anything with an accent, it also comes out as a single character. But I suppose all this will change at some point.

I had a look at this article, and it makes my head ache to see what I might have to start typing to get unicode matches. But I once thought that about plain old regex. And if I suddenly need it...well, nice to have it there.

So just in terms of future-proofing, and since it seems not too hard, I would be in favour of adding the unicode support.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #184
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I tend to agree with @retiredbiker. I don't have much use for Unicode search replace at this time but there are some authors who love odd character names where it would come in useful.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote