Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-06-2024, 09:46 PM   #16
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
I've got a Simple Touch and a Glowlight 3 but I'm still tempted to go for this offer just for the convenience of charging with a usb-c. From what I've read the 4e isn't much of an upgrade otherwise.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:22 PM   #17
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
I've got a Simple Touch and a Glowlight 3 but I'm still tempted to go for this offer just for the convenience of charging with a usb-c. From what I've read the 4e isn't much of an upgrade otherwise.
4e doesn't have the warm light feature that the Glowlight 3 has for that bedtime reading. I have until the end of the month to decide but I'm leaning away from getting it as I no longer buy books at B&N due to the difficulty in freeing them.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 02:15 AM   #18
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
4e doesn't have the warm light feature that the Glowlight 3 has for that bedtime reading. I have until the end of the month to decide but I'm leaning away from getting it as I no longer buy books at B&N due to the difficulty in freeing them.
Yeah, I missed that when I was looking at it and it does make a big difference. And I hardly buy from them anymore either. So I'll just hold onto my money until the next shiny new thing comes along.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 04:16 PM   #19
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Well, I succumbed to my gadget addiction and bought the 4e yesterday. I don't need another night reader, so not an issue but I do like the clicky keys - they are much like the Kindle Keyboard in that respect. Does have a light, just not a warm light. I think it's a bit slow, but once you start reading, it's a non-issue. I read about 30 pages last night. Has good font/font size choices. Has 212 dpi but it's still great to read. Sideloaded a couple of books. No problem once I remembered that you have to press the button on the screen to allow that. Very portable size. Power button on top. I'll do some comparisons between the Glo3 and this.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:06 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Well, I succumbed to my gadget addiction and bought the 4e yesterday. I don't need another night reader, so not an issue but I do like the clicky keys - they are much like the Kindle Keyboard in that respect. Does have a light, just not a warm light. I think it's a bit slow, but once you start reading, it's a non-issue. I read about 30 pages last night. Has good font/font size choices. Has 212 dpi but it's still great to read. Sideloaded a couple of books. No problem once I remembered that you have to press the button on the screen to allow that. Very portable size. Power button on top. I'll do some comparisons between the Glo3 and this.
I have two coupons for one of these. A $30 off sale price and $50 off regular price (which comes out to $70 either way). But I really don't need another reader. The Nook Glowlight 3 is still running strong. But it is tempting because, like you, I do like the page turn keys on both sides of the bezel.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #21
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Well, last day to use the coupon for the NOOK 9” Lenovo Tablet.. I've been debating since I have the coupon and gift cards, and was looking for a new low end tablet (didn't need another e-ink device).. So, temptation got the best of me....
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote