Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2024, 01:50 PM   #91
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
The only issue for me now is that if I force open a book with PBreader, it sticks on the main screen until I force it open with the koReader.
Have you set KOReader as the default in the settings menu for the ebook formats you use?
Settings (cog icon)>Device>Associate file extensions

You may also want to delete the handlers.cfg file from your PocketBook filesystem that stores the app which last opened a book:
/mnt/ext1/system/config/handlers.cfg
This config file overrides default app file extension settings. The system will create a new version of this file every time you manually long-press and "open with" on a book.
(You may need to enable the visibility of hidden items to see the system directory on your computer)
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 02:29 PM   #92
xanderx
xanderx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Have you set KOReader as the default in the settings menu for the ebook formats you use?
Settings (cog icon)>Device>Associate file extensions
Yes I have asssociated all the extentions with the KOReader.

Quote:
You may also want to delete the handlers.cfg file from your PocketBook filesystem that stores the app which last opened a book:
/mnt/ext1/system/config/handlers.cfg
I found the file, however there not much in it: tree book that I have opened before all associated with the KOReader

The KOReader has crashed again on me. It appears that the log files are updated in the end of file, so I was mistaken - it was crashing all this time after all. and the log stuck again. The only solution for now that I see manually deleting the log. And it is crashing all the time and that is why it sticks. It is crashing when I press home button on the device and also when I am exiting the KOReader. And turning off the pocketbooksync plugin does not change anything.

So it seems that there is some compatibility issue between the KOReader and my device. Thank you very much for your help and sorry for waisting your time. Hopefully with the next version the KOReader team will fix the issue.
xanderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 02:44 PM   #93
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
So it seems that there is some compatibility issue between the KOReader and my device. Thank you very much for your help and sorry for wasting your time. Hopefully with the next version the KOReader team will fix the issue.
It's never wasted time trying to help someone!

Perhaps try an older version of KOReader or a fresh install of the latest version with any new plugins removed etc.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 04:50 PM   #94
xanderx
xanderx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 colour
Quote:
It's never wasted time trying to help someone!

Perhaps try an older version of KOReader or a fresh install of the latest version with any new plugins removed etc.
Thank you very much! If all the people out there had your attitute, the world would be a much better place!

I have already tried a fresh install with no luck. I will try the older versions of the KOReader per you suggestions. However I do not think that I have a lot of options, since my device came out in the end of 2023 and the AFAIK, 2024.01 is the first version that officially supports my device, which makes it only other available option.

Thank you very much once more!

Last edited by xanderx; 04-20-2024 at 04:52 PM.
xanderx is offline   Reply With Quote