Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 08:57 PM   #1111
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I use Calibre-web + kobo-sync API and books are automatically available on my Libra 2 in .kepub format. It's wonderful. The trade-off is that I don't physically connect to calibre to send metadata. I'm putting this up front because I'm requesting cover span support at the device-level and I know people are going to say 'use kobo touch extended' etc. For my use, and anyone that also uses kobo-sync (e.g., my family, kids, devices etc), I'd very much appreciate having full-screen covers without connecting to our family 'server' computer. I'll also note that I'm totally ok with the (to me) imperceptible distortion introduced by spanning covers. For example, when I open a book and see the fullscreen cover it looks fine, but then on lockscreen it's pillarboxed, which I find distracting on the nightstand.

Thanks for hearing me out, and I'm hoping this is a valid use-case for this kind of support at the device level.

Last edited by mgrimace; 04-27-2024 at 09:03 PM.
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests