Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2024, 02:59 PM   #76
xanderx
xanderx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
Hi. I have installed the script and the plugin, however when opening books with koreader my homescreen does not update last read book. Am I doing something wrong?
My device is Pocketbook inkpad 3 colour
Thank you!
After playing around a bit I have discovered that often the last book opened does not change, especially if it is one of the newly added (e.g. crash from ko reader). It seems that the last read book sticks so that when I open another book, the last read book changes appropriately, however it is quickly changes back to the "sticky" book. If I then open a third book, again the "sticky" book appears to be last. The "third" book becomes second to last.
I hope my description is clear enough to understand.
The books progress changed appropriatly though.
xanderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:11 PM   #77
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
After playing around a bit I have discovered that often the last book opened does not change, especially if it is one of the newly added (e.g. crash from ko reader). It seems that the last read book sticks so that when I open another book, the last read book changes appropriately, however it is quickly changes back to the "sticky" book. If I then open a third book, again the "sticky" book appears to be last. The "third" book becomes second to last.
I hope my description is clear enough to understand.
The books progress changed appropriately though.
Is the "sticky" book always the same book? Or always the last but one book?

Have you tried removing the books from the home screen and relaunching them?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:03 AM   #78
xanderx

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Is the "sticky" book always the same book? Or always the last but one book?

Have you tried removing the books from the home screen and relaunching them?
It seems that koreader is constantly crashing (attaching the log file) and often the crash log is the one that sticks. Also notification of the new books sticks. After removing the ones that stick frm the homescreen, everything starts to wotk for a bit, but then another book might stick. When pressing on the sticky book it is opened with standard pocketbook reader instead of the koreder.
Right now two files stuck crash and CurrentPageUpdateLog
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (7.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-18-2024, 12:18 AM   #79
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does KOReader only crash with the pocketbooksync plugin enabled? Can you confirm which version (github link or post number) you acquired the plugin from please?

It sounds like the "sticky" books are .txt files. The reason they are opening with PBReader rather than KOReader will likely be that KOReader hasn't been set as the default app for .txt extensions.
(This is preference. On my own device .txt files are really only ever log files that I don't want in my home view, so I have not set KOReader as default for them and I always remove them from the home screen if they appear.)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 04-18-2024 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:29 AM   #80
xanderx

Quote:
Does KOReader only crash with the pocketbooksync plugin enabled? Can you confirm which version (github link or post number) you acquired the plugin from please?

It sounds like the "sticky" books are .txt files. The reason they are opening with PBReader rather than KOReader will likely be that KOReader hasn't be set as the default app for .txt extensions.
I've got it from the post #74 dd 03-18-2024, 07:34 AM.
Just checked - the crashes are opening with koreader. If I open a book with PBreader is also sticks and opens with PBreader by default untill I force it open with koreader.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:35 AM   #81
neil_swann80

Quote:
Just checked - the crashes are opening with koreader.
Is that with the pocketbooksync plugin disabled? Is there any pattern with the crashes? Specific book or specific format etc?
Old 04-18-2024, 12:48 AM   #82
xanderx

Quote:
Is that with the pocketbooksync plugin disabled? Is there any pattern with the crashes? Specific book or specific format etc?
After installing SH_IVTOOLS the crashes seems to go for now. At least for the past half an hour. I did not install it previously, because it is not in the instruction on the github page. After deleting crash logs everything seems to work now. However, if I copy more books on my device, the new books slot is most likely to stick again for me. Can't check right now, since I already have to go to work.
Thank you very much for your help and for the work you do! Really appreciate it!
Old 04-18-2024, 01:13 AM   #83
neil_swann80

Quote:
After installing SH_IVTOOLS the crashes seems to go for now. At least for the past half an hour. I did not install it previously, because it is not in the instruction on the github page. After deleting crash logs everything seems to work now. However, if I copy more books on my device, the new books slot is most likely to stick again for me. Can't check right now, since I already have to go to work.
Thank you very much for your help and for the work you do! Really appreciate it!
FYI... the error log you posted states "g_mkdir failed" which could be sdcv (dictionary) related. Perhaps Japanese characters within a book causing the crash?
Old 04-18-2024, 01:19 AM   #84
xanderx

Just had a minute for a quick test. Koreader and CurrentPage are creating logs everytime I disconnect the device from PC. They both stick despite the fact that they are opened by koreader by default. Also "New Books" slot sticks as well. So now I have 3 slots stuck: Crash by koreader, New Books and CurrentPageUpdateLog.
In the crashlog of koreader I see the following errors:
WARN Terminal: cannot open /dev/ptmx: No such file or directory
WART Terminal: Device doedn't meet some of the plugin's prerequisites

BTW: my device's firmware is 6.8.2480
Old 04-18-2024, 01:21 AM   #85
xanderx

Quote:
FYI... the error log you posted states "g_mkdir failed" which could be sdcv (dictionary) related. Perhaps Japanese characters within a book causing the crash?
I am not sure. Could be, although I do not have any visible japaneese characters in the books. The light novels I am currently reading are in English
Old 04-18-2024, 01:28 AM   #86
xanderx

Quote:
Sory, did not answer your questions in this post. The pocketbooksync plugin is enabled. After installing SH_IVTOOLS, so far it crashed only after disconnected (or maybe connected) to the PC. I was currently experimenting with the light novels in the epub format.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:53 AM   #87
neil_swann80

Quote:
Sory, did not answer your questions in this post. The pocketbooksync plugin is enabled. After installing SH_IVTOOLS, so far it crashed only after disconnected (or maybe connected) to the PC. I was currently experimenting with the light novels in the epub format.
I've downloaded a book titled:
Rifujin na Magonote - Mushoku Tensei_ Jobless Reincarnation Vol. 2.epub
and cannot replicate the issue. I've tried cycling through books and back to this one several times. I'm using the same version of KOReader and the pocketbooksync plugin as you.

When you get chance, please try temporarily disabling the pocketbooksync plugin and confirming if the crashes remain. It would be useful to know whether this is actually related to the plugin or a more general KOReader issue. I'm thinking the latter at this point.
Tools>Page 2>More tools>Plugin management
(restart KOReader)

Maybe also enable debug logging which will print out more info to the crash log.
To do this make sure you're in the folder view within KOReader (rather than within a book) then:
Tools>Page 2>More tools>Developer options>Enable debug logging
(restart KOReader)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 04-18-2024 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:35 PM   #88
xanderx

Ok. After some testing and googling I found out that it is koreader known issue with in-built plugin called terminal and apparently CN keyboard. Although I don't have CN keyboard, it still crashed, probaply because I have Ukrainian and russian keybourds installed. After deleting terminal and pocketsync plugins koreader stopped crashing on me.
However after installing pocketsync plugin and currentPageUpdate app, both started to crash again. It happens right after rebooting the device. Log is attached.
The log files are sticking on the homescreen to be first by some unknown to me reason, but they should not do that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt currentPageUpdateLog.txt (690 Bytes, 18 views)
Old 04-19-2024, 12:48 AM   #89
neil_swann80

Do the crashes occur without the currentPageUpdate app installed? Have you got a link for this app?
Old 04-19-2024, 01:28 PM   #90
xanderx

Quote:
Do the crashes occur without the currentPageUpdate app installed? Have you got a link for this app?
I had currentPageUpdate app V 0.5.1 installed from GitHub page.
What I've noticed today is that apparently my koreader did not crash after I've disabled the terminal plugin, however the crash log was constantly brought forward and stuck on the main screen after every reboot. CurrentPageUpdate app was crashing at a reboot and stuck as well. After hiding the logs from the main screen everyting worked fine untill the next reboot.
After deleting currentPageUpdate app, the crush log of koReader was still brought forward untill I deleted the log completely.
Now everything works fine, which is strange, considering the fact that installing plugin only did nothing for me at all at the beginning until I installed currentPageUpdate app.
The only issue for me now is that if I force open a book with PBreader, it sticks on the main screen until I force it open with the koReader.