Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #61
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think they know they can't abandon ebooks completely, even if they aren't ready to focus on the market.
They also sell their Nooks and ebooks only in the US. Most of their competitors sell internationally. This alone shows they don't really take their ereader/ebook business seriously.

I've never really understood what their problem is. Do they not want to succeed or what? They could have been a major global device- and bookseller like Amazon, had they wanted to.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #62
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
They also sell their Nooks and ebooks only in the US. Most of their competitors sell internationally. This alone shows they don't really take their ereader/ebook business seriously.

I've never really understood what their problem is. Do they not want to succeed or what? They could have been a major global device- and bookseller like Amazon, had they wanted to.
I think the issue is that B&N's management saw (and likely still sees) Nook ereaders and ebooks as cannibalizing their B&M business so they have little incentive to expand that end of their business.

I looked at the B&N devices back when they were talking about expanding into the Canadian market which they never did. One acquaintance of mine who lives in the UK was left very unhappy when the warranty hadn't expired on their Nook and B&N dumped their ebook business onto Sainsbury. They were even less happy with Sainsbury who picked up B&N's Nook in March, 2016 and promptly dumped the Nook users onto Kobo when Sainsbury closed their digital entertainment in September, 2016.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #63
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
I'm looking forward to getting a new glowlight 4 plus when they are available again this month. The form factor is really nice and the pricing is competitive for a 7.8 inch device. The buttons are sublime. I've always loved nooks. And yes, I've tried the other brands too.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote