Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Screencaps on PB360

When I do a screencap on my PB360 it is saved in directory /screens on the reader's internal memory.

I would prefer to save screencaps to my micro-SD card so I wouldn't necessarily have to connect the reader to the PC to retrieve them. Does anyone know if this is possible?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
When I do a screencap on my PB360 it is saved in directory /screens on the reader's internal memory.

I would prefer to save screencaps to my micro-SD card so I wouldn't necessarily have to connect the reader to the PC to retrieve them. Does anyone know if this is possible?
I do not know if that configuration option is available to users.
But, you can move screenshots to the card using the Linux console. You could make a shell script, place it somewhere and then run it from the Linux terminal emulator.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for replying, kacir. My current Linux/shell scripting skills are non-existent but I guess it might be a fairly straightforward option if I went and found a manual.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
The menu can copy/move files. I think.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
Sigh ...
I should have spotted that one ;-)
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
Now I feel REALLY dumb!

Karma to you norciom.

Edit: Works a treat
Old 09-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
You know you've crossed a certain point of geekism when the first solution which comes to mind involves the command line instead of the graphic interface
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
You know you've crossed a certain point of geekism when the first solution which comes to mind involves the command line instead of the graphic interface
[standing at attention]
Sir!
Yes! Sir!
Guilty as charged sir!
[/standing at attention]

On the other hand, I have been thinking about assigning /bin/sh as a "book reading application" for "reading" .sh files in extensions.conf for a long time. It might work, I just haven't found meaningful application for the hack. It would also be quite dangerous thing to do.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #9
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
On the other hand, I have been thinking about assigning /bin/sh as a "book reading application" for "reading" .sh files in extensions.conf for a long time. It might work, I just haven't found meaningful application for the hack. It would also be quite dangerous thing to do.
Correction.
One very meaningful application might be extracting files from filesystem on PB302 that does not have poterm application, or perhaps creating a file or two that contain configuration (or perhaps a proprietary dictionary) and that you do not want users to mess with easily.