Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-31-2022, 05:03 PM   #931
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogaa View Post
Hello,

I own the PB 740 but under the French brand Vivlio. I try to put the last Pocketbook's firmware but I got the following error messages :
no update image found // The device will turn off in few seconds.
I think it must detect that it is a Vivlio reader. Do you think there is a way to override this limit and install the pocketbook firmware ?

Thanks
Best regards
The problem is not that it is about Vivlio. I think you forgot to extract the .zip file.
You must first unzip the downloaded file and then copy it to an SD card or internal storage.

PS: However, after installing the Pocketbook firmware version, you will not have access to your "Cultura.fr" book store.
(J'ai aussi un Inkpad3 (indigo) de chez Vivlio.)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-31-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 03:52 AM   #932
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
The problem is not that it is about Vivlio. I think you forgot to extract the .zip file.
You must first unzip the downloaded file and then copy it to an SD card or internal storage.

PS: However, after installing the Pocketbook firmware version, you will not have access to your "Cultura.fr" book store.
(J'ai aussi un Inkpad3 (indigo) de chez Vivlio.)
Hi !
Indeed I confirm. I have an Vivlio Inkpad 3 and have no problem with theses updates.
I do prefer it without the Vivlio system.
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #933
boogaa
boogaa began at the beginning.

Device: PB740
Thanks !
I did not forget to extract the archive. I followed the procedure.
I had, moreover, already succeeded in installing the pocketbook firmware (2 years ago). Then, following an OTA update, the vivlio firmware treacherously installed itself. I had managed to put it back.
However, seeing the new July Pocketbook firmware, I tried an update and it ended with the return of Vivlio!
boogaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #934
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
FW 6.5.2920, Periodical reminder for the user to configure Wi-Fi

In the release notes to FW 6.5.2920 (latest available update for Inkpad X) I read: "Periodical reminder for the user to configure Wi-Fi if the device does not have a configured network connection." Can somebody tell me, what "periodical" means in this case, and whether this reminder can be disabled?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:12 AM   #935
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In the release notes to FW 6.5.2920 (latest available update for Inkpad X) I read: "Periodical reminder for the user to configure Wi-Fi if the device does not have a configured network connection." Can somebody tell me, what "periodical" means in this case, and whether this reminder can be disabled?
If no wifi is configured a reminder is supposed to popup periodically. Since I have wifi configured but my device is allway offline, I have never seen this popup. Can't tell you more, sorry.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2022, 04:12 AM   #936
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
If no wifi is configured a reminder is supposed to popup periodically. Since I have wifi configured but my device is allway offline, I have never seen this popup. Can't tell you more, sorry.
Thank you for the answer. Actually, I wanted to know in which intervals the reminder is shown. However, from your answer I understand that the device does not go online by itself. And if this is the case, I don't mind configuring wifi.
Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:58 AM   #937
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
You did understand correctly:
Pocketbook never connects to the wifi without asking for and it never ask for connecting to wifi without reason (manual start browser, manual looking for update, manual starting sync).
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:28 AM   #938
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
You did understand correctly:
Pocketbook never connects to the wifi without asking for and it never ask for connecting to wifi without reason (manual start browser, manual looking for update, manual starting sync).
Thank you for the confirmation.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:49 AM   #939
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

• For those looking for updates that may contain minor fixes before the release of the official PATCH, I am attaching a newly found update:

Pocketbook ERA V6.7.947

DOWNLOAD : https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...7.947_user.zip

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-23-2022 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:52 AM   #940
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

A new big update for Pocketbook ERA is just around the corner?

• Everything indicates that a big update for the PocketBook ERA device will be released in a few days.

• As a rule, when an internal update comes out at such short intervals, it is a matter of fine-tuning and repair patches.

• Maybe Pocketbook is preparing a new big update for Pocketbook ERA V6.8
I assume, however, that when the public update comes, it will be labeled: V6.7.9*

NEW (interne) Update Pocketbook ERA V6.7.949

Version : U700.6.7.949
Description : Fixed several minor bugs

Download : https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...7.949_user.zip

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-23-2022 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #941
sirtao
sirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
So, at this point it's quite obvious there will not be another firmware update for 631\Touch HD2.

As old as it might be(and I even bought it used!), it works perfectly for my needs except the lack of support for Series in ePub3 books. And with more and more books being ePub3 it's getting quite grating.

Is there any way to either force an update to install a different firmware or something?
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:07 AM   #942
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

How to download firmware for Vivlio book readers

For French users of Vivlio book readers

[EN]
• Since the e-reader manufacturer Vivlio does not offer download updates, I created a tutorial on how to download updates for Vivlio devices.

[FR]
• Étant donné que le fabricant de liseuses Vivlio ne propose pas de mises à jour à télécharger, j'ai crée un tutoriel comment obtenir un lien de téléchargement direct du micrologiciel pour votre liseuse Vivlio..

A step-by-step guide link : https://cod-box.net/telecharger-mise-a-jour-vivlio/

The procedure also works for other manufacturers / brands such as TEA or Pocketbook.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MREAD.JPG
Views:	928
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	197587  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-07-2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2022, 10:57 AM   #943
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
I'm reading that PB Era runs on firmware 6.7. And perhaps 6.8 in the future. For example, could Inkpad 3 receive newer 6.7 also?
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 02:53 PM   #944
rjd22
rjd22 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
@cassini it seems likely that the InkPad 3 also will receive new firmware since I received a beta version of 6.7 for the InkPad Color to test some fixes that are needed for the gyro from pocketbook.
rjd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 04:33 AM   #945
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Yes it's possible. There is a recent release of 6.7 for Touch HD 3, which is from year 2018 as InkPad 3: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/5...cjami-slownika
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote